The ACTDU, housed within the UCSF Department of Family and Medicine and the successor to AC Care Connect Skill Development Unit, is funded jointly through the Alamanda Alliance for Health and Anthem Blue Cross. The ACTDU functions as a capacity building facet of the CalAIM Initiative. We provide training opportunities (both virtual and in-person) to Enhanced Care Management and Community Supports within Alameda County. Our goal is to increase our participant providers’ knowledge of services for eligible clients, hone their consumer engagement skills, support professional development for their team members, and strengthen workforce retention overall.
Our training menu highlight several themes, derived from information gathering efforts such as needs assessments, focus groups and interviews centered on stakeholders and key informants in Alameda County. These include:
- Focusing on a cross sectoral approach
- Workforce recruitment, development and retention
- Maintaining a coordinated system for skill development
- Engaging in the onboarding process via our New Hire Academy
The Training & Health Equity Collaborative (T.H.E. Collaborative), the administrative unit within the Department of Family & Community Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), has worked with the County of Alameda on its Whole Person Care pilot. Pacific AETC (one of the programs within T.H.E. Collaborative’s portfolio) led the Skills Development Unit for AC Care Connect. Community engagement skills, like Trauma Informed Care and Motivational Interviewing, emerged as common requests, and further underscore the need for ongoing, sustained training opportunities for CalAIM providers.
Please see our training topic offerings below! Note: All trainings are live virtual sessions* unless otherwise stated.
- Foundations of Harm Reduction
- Dismantling Drug Related Stigma
- Overdose Prevention and Response
- Conflict Management & De-Escalation
- Using a Trauma-Informed Approach
- Cultural Humility – From Understanding to Action
- Social Determinants and Health Equity
- Motivational Interviewing
- New Hire Academy
*We currently do not offer pre-recorded sessions. All TDU trainings are intended to be attended live.
Interested in joining on trainings? Please email us at ACTDU@ucsf.edu.